Thursday, January 1, 2009

e-mail a lawmaker

2. E-mail a Lawmaker.
Just like calling a lawmaker, there are a number of lawmakers who need to be e-mailed. We should always start off with our very own elected representative and senator. You can start off there.Use the following form to find your representative and Senator.

Do NOT add the words street, road, avenue, highway, or any street abbreviations.








The same key lawmakers we call also need to be called e-mailed:

Senators

  • Brian Taniguchi sentaniguchi@capitol.hawaii.gov



Representatives

  • Calvin Say repsay@capitol.hawaii.gov

  • Ken Ito repito@capitol.hawaii.gov

  • Sharon Har rephar@capitol.hawaii.gov

  • Jon Riki Karamatsu repkaramatsu@capitol.hawaii.gov

  • Marcus Oshiro reposhiro@capitol.hawaii.gov



Dear Senator Taniguchi,

My name is _______________. As the Chair of the Senate Judiciary and Government Operations Committee, I want you to schedule a hearing for Senate Bill 1085 as soon as possible to meet deadlines. Senate Bill 1085 is an important piece of legislation and it should be heard immediately. I want you to support this bill so that it can go to the State House.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have questions.

Thank you,
___________________


Dear Representative ______________,

Aloha, my name is ____________________. I'm writing to you because I want you to support and pass House Bill 1667. My family and I want to see House Bill 1667 pass out of its committees. House Bill 1667 is important proposed legislation that we support. I want you to support and pass this bill. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail address.

Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment