Thursday, January 1, 2009

Call a Lawmaker

There are a number of lawmakers that need to be called. For starters, you should call the lawmakers of your representative and senatorial districts. If you do not know who your representative and/or senator is, you can put type in your street name below, choose the right county and click on submit. Use the following form to find your representative and Senator.

Do NOT add the words street, road, avenue, highway, or any street abbreviations.









Other key lawmakers that need to be called include:
Senators

  • Brian Taniguchi (808) 586-6460



Representatives

  • Calvin Say (808) 586-6100

  • Ken Ito (808) 586-8470

  • Sharon Har (808) 586-8500

  • Jon Riki Karamatsu (808) 586-8490

  • Marcus Oshiro (808) 586-6200




When you call a lawmaker it is very likely that you will speak with his/her secretary or office aide. This is okay. Leave a message for that lawmaker letting them know you want them to support moratorium bills.

When calling Senator Taniguchi, feel free to use this script below.
Aloha, my name is ____________________. I'm calling Senator Taniguchi because I want him to support and pass Senate Bill 1085. My family and I want to see Senate Bill 1085 pass out of his committee. Please give Senator Taniguchi this message for me. If he has any questions, he can contact me at _________________.

When calling a Representative, feel free to use this script below.
Aloha, my name is ____________________. I'm calling Representative _____________ because I want to urge him/her to support and pass Moratorium Bills. My family and I want Moratorium Bills to pass out of its committees. Please give Representative __________________ this message for me. If s/he has any questions, s/he can contact me at _________________.

No comments:

Post a Comment