Saturday, March 8, 2008

Out of Hawai'i Template

E-mails should be sent to sens@capitol.hawaii.gov (goes to all senators). If you can include us on the cc (or better yet the BCC) by putting kupuaina@gmail.com in that e-mail, we'd greatly appreciate it. Feel free to cut and paste the below e-mail message.



Dear Members of the Hawai‘i Senate,

As I'm sure you know, Hawai‘i is unlike any other place. Hawai‘i people are also unlike other people.

In recent years, an unfortunate number of Hawai‘i people have moved out of the islands, and moved from the areas they still call home. Hawai‘i organizations exist throughout the world, and these clubs are formed and led by people who have strong roots to Hawai‘i. These people are Native Hawaiians and non-Native Hawaiians. We come together for events, festivities and meetings because we all have a common interest, our love of Hawai‘i. It is out of that love, that I send you this e-mail.

Although I may not live in Hawai‘i now, Hawai‘i is a special place for me and my family. I urge you to protect a part of what makes Hawai‘i special and pass Senate Bill 1085.

Sincerely,



(enter your name here)